- Expertise in advising publicly-held and privately-owned family enterprises
- Specializes in multi-generational tax planning
- Extensive experience with complex ownership structures, trust and estate considerations, including family office and trustee/beneficiary responsibilities
- Works closely with sibling and cousin groups
- Board Member of the Family Firm Institute and family enterprises
Mark Rubin’s previous involvement in expanding his own family’s retail men’s clothing enterprise gives him extensive insights into the diverse issues that families in business face. Formerly a senior tax manager with Price Waterhouse, he specializes in assisting family enterprises in complex ownership situations, including cross-generational ownership and management transitions and family office planning. His expertise covers the retail, finance, manufacturing/distribution and real estate industries.
Mark works closely with sibling management groups in strategic planning and executive development. Additionally, he is extensively involved in developing compensation and retention strategies for family and key non-family employees. Mark stresses education as a means of broadening commitment.
Widely quoted in various publications, Mark speaks frequently on issues affecting shareholder rights and responsibilities of participation and on the role of tax planning in long-term wealth preservation by families. Mark has served on the Family Firm Institute’s Board of Directors and several family enterprise boards and assists family enterprises in establishing Boards of Advisors and Boards of Directors. In addition to his affiliation with Relative Solutions, Mark is the partner in charge of Multi-generational Family Tax Consulting at The Schonbraun McCann Group LLP.